GP Clinical Advisor (Medical) | Kaitohutohu Haumanu
- Part-time permanent position
- 14-16 hours per week
- Any New Zealand location
Ko wai tātou | Who we are
Under the Health and Disability Commissioner Act 1994, the Commissioner is required to promote and protect the health and disability services consumers’ rights and facilitate the fair and efficient resolution of complaints relating to infringement of those rights.
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The role of Clinical Advisor is to provide advice to the Commissioner and HDC staff team on clinical issues which arise as part of the assessment, resolution and management of complaints and investigations.
Ko ngā mea ka hiahiatia e koe kia angitū te haere | What you'll need to be successful:
- Registered medical practitioner with ongoing vocational registration as general practitioner.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills.
- Analytical and enquiring mind with an ability to explain clinical issues and express complex ideas in a logical and easily understood way.
- Ability to review and summarise accurately large amounts of information.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Sound understanding of the New Zealand health and disability sector and consumer rights issues and relevant legislation.
- Familiarity with locally and internationally accepted published guidance on clinical issues and relevant clinical pathways.
- Understanding of equity issues in the delivery of healthcare and achievement of healthcare outcomes.
- A good understanding of HDC’s commitment to upholding our responsibilities under Te Tiriti o Waitangi, and the ability to bring this to life through your work
- Ability to work inclusively with respect for the different values and needs of Aotearoa’s diverse communities.
If you're keen to see the direct impact that your contribution can have for the health and disability sector, this is your opportunity to see the positive outcomes first hand. Apply now if you're ready to make a difference.
Download the GP Clinical Advisor (Medical) position description here (.pdf 330KB).
All applicants must complete the online HDC application form to be considered. Applications can be submitted via the button below. Your CV and Cover Letter can be attached within the application.
Applications for this role close on Tuesday 6 June at 5pm.
E-mail enquiries to email@example.com
In accordance with the Public Service Workforce Guidance for the COVID-19 Protection Framework, HDC requires new employees and other newly contracted workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.