- General practitioner (GP)
- Part-time, permanent position
- 14 hours per week
- Any New Zealand location
The purpose of the Health and Disability Commissioner is to promote and protect health and disability services consumers’ rights and to facilitate the fair and efficient resolution of complaints relating to infringement of those rights.
The Health and Disability Commissioner is seeking an experienced vocationally registered general practitioner to provide clinical advice to the Commissioner and HDC staff on medical issues which arise in the assessment and management of health and disability service complaints and investigations.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- A current annual practising certificate.
- Proven ability to accurately identify clinical issues and gaps in clinical information.
- Expertise in answering complex clinical questions and providing advice on clinical issues.
- A well-developed understanding of the health and disability sector in New Zealand.
- Highly developed communication and analytical skills.
- Understanding of equity issues in the delivery of healthcare.
- A well-developed understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi.
- Attendance from time to time at our Auckland/Wellington offices.
Download the Position Description here (.pdf 505KB)
E-mail enquiries to email@example.com
Applications close at 9am, Monday 19 April 2021.