Investigator/ Senior Investigator | Kaitūhura/ Kaitūra Matua
- Any New Zealand location
- Several positions available
- Strong analytical, communication and resolution skills essential
- A law degree and/or relevant clinical background or experience
- Full time/ part-time
Te Toihau Hauora, Hauātanga/the Health and Disability Commissioner promotes and protects the rights of health and disability services consumers and facilitates the fair and efficient resolution of complaints relating to infringement of those rights.
We have a number of opportunities for an Investigator and/or a Senior Investigator with strong analytical, communication and resolution skills to join our professional, friendly and supportive organisation. These are full time or part-time positions within the Investigations Team based in Auckland or Wellington or working remotely from any location in New Zealand.
Investigators and Senior Investigators engage with complainants and providers; gather evidence relating to complaints; and work collaboratively with the legal team, Commissioner, Deputy Commissioners and Aged Care Commissioner in drafting investigation reports and resolving complaints.
Ko ngā mea ka hiahiatia e koe kia angitū te haere | What you'll need to be successful:
- Experience in and knowledge of investigations, preferably in the health and disability or complaints jurisdiction sectors would be an advantage
- Ability to think critically and analyse complex factual scenarios
- Ability to understand and facilitate complaints resolution processes
- Ability to manage a number of complaints and investigations simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Ability to embrace change and use both existing and new processes and resolution pathways
- An understanding of the New Zealand health and disability sector, consumer rights issues and the needs of health and disability consumers is desirable
- Highly developed communication and writing skills
- A demonstrated focus on quality and attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills with a proven record to work with different stakeholders in a collaborative environment
- An appropriate tertiary qualification (health or law) and/or a clinical background.
If you're keen to see the direct impact that your contribution can have for the health and disability sector, this is your opportunity to see the positive outcomes first hand. Apply now if you're ready to make a difference.
Download the Investigator position description here (.pdf 330KB).
Download the Senior Investigator position description here (.pdf 333.6KB).
All applicants must complete the online HDC application form to be considered. Applications can be submitted via the button below. Your CV and Cover Letter can be attached within the application.
E-mail enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this role close Friday 3rd December 2021 at 4.30pm.