Legal Advisor / Senior Legal Advisor
- Auckland or Wellington CBD
- Legal Advisor (2+ PQE) or Senior Legal Advisor (5+ PQE)
The purpose of the Health and Disability Commissioner (HDC) is to promote and protect health and disability services consumers’ rights and to facilitate the fair and efficient resolution of complaints relating to infringement of those rights.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the HDC legal team as a Legal Advisor or a Senior Legal Advisor based in either our Auckland or Wellington office.
The legal team is a collegial and high performing team, which undertakes a wide variety of legal and policy work, including in relation to the Health and Disability Commissioner’s complaints resolution jurisdiction.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- At least two years (legal advisor) or 5 years (senior legal advisor) post-admission experience as a barrister and solicitor
- An excellent academic record
- A sound knowledge of health care law, public law generally and administrative law in particular
- A well developed understanding of policy issues affecting the interests of health and disability services consumers
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including oral skills
- A demonstrated ability to handle complex cases and meet deadlines
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Sound judgement and analytical ability
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision
- A high level of initiative and self confidence
E-mail enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this role close at 9am, Monday 17 May 2021