Nursing Advisor (Aged Care)
- Registered Nurse
- Part-time, permanent position
- 16 hours per week
- Any New Zealand location
The purpose of the Health and Disability Commissioner is to promote and protect health and disability services consumers’ rights and to facilitate the fair and efficient resolution of complaints relating to infringement of those rights.
The Health and Disability Commissioner is seeking an experienced registered nurse to provide advice to the Commissioner’s complaints resolution staff on clinical issues which arise in the assessment and management of complaints and investigations into aged care facilities.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- A post-graduate qualification in nursing.
- Experience as a registered nurse in an aged care facility care, preferably with relevant management experience.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills.
- Analytical and enquiring mind with an ability to express complex ideas in a logical and easily understood way.
- Ability to review and summarise large amounts of information accurately.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Sound understanding of the New Zealand health and disability sector and consumer rights issues.
- Ability to make good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement.
- Understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi and the aims and aspirations of Māori.
- Understanding of the social, religious beliefs and values of different cultural and ethnic groups in New Zealand.
Download the Position Description here (.pdf 340KB)
Email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this role close at 9am, 26 April 2021.