Senior Advisor, Disability
- Lived experience highly beneficial
- 0.7 FTE to full time
- Wellington based
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Under the Health & Disability Commissioner Act 1994, the Commissioner is required to promote and protect the rights of consumers who access health and disability services.
Reporting to the Deputy Commissioner Disability, the Senior Advisor, Disability contributes to the completion of the Disability Services Team work plan and the broader Health and Disability Commissioner (HDC) Statement of Intent by increasing the profile, relevance and accessibility of the Commissioner’s office across the health and disability sector.
Ko ngā mea ka hiahiatia e koe kia angitū te haere | What you'll need to be successful
This exciting role has lots of variety and offers the successful applicant the opportunity to be part of a highly professional and dedicated organisation. It is a role that offers variety and would suit an individual who has:
- Knowledge of the New Zealand disability sector, including an in-depth understanding of the issues affecting health and disability services consumers
- Experience of national policy, funding and/or management of health, disability and social services
- The ability to provide robust, evidence-based analysis of complex issues
- Sound analytical skills
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Relationship and stakeholder management skills
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- A high level of initiative and self-confidence, with the ability to work with a minimum of supervision and meet deadlines.
Download the Position Description here (.pdf 332KB).
All applicants must complete the online HDC application form to be considered. Applications can be submitted via the button below. Your CV and Cover Letter can be attached within the application.
E-mail enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this role close Friday 22 October 2021 at 5pm.