Senior Complaints Assessor (fixed term)
- Fixed term until 30 June 2021
- Join a skilled and passionate team
- Excellent writing, reviewing, and communication skills required
- Auckland CBD
The purpose of the Health and Disability Commissioner (HDC) is to promote and protect health and disability services consumers’ rights and to facilitate the fair and efficient resolution of complaints relating to infringement of those rights.
This is an opportunity to join a skilled and passionate team that makes a real difference by helping to resolve complaints about consumer rights in the health and disability sector.
The Senior Complaints Assessor role is responsible for working on a caseload of complex complaint files, reviewing complaint files, ensuring standards are maintained, and monitoring, evaluating and reporting. They also take a role in leading, coaching and mentoring staff, and supporting Complaints Assessment Team.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Previous experience in and knowledge of complaint resolution, preferably in the health and disability or complaints jurisdiction (minimum of three years)
- Ability to manage a number of complaints simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Highly developed communication and writing skills
- A demonstrated focus on quality and attention to detail
- An understanding of the New Zealand health and disability sector, consumer rights issues and the needs of health and disability consumers is desirable
- Previous exposure to a clinical and/or legal environment is an advantage
- Previous people management experience, including coaching, and performance management an advantage
- Excellent organisational skills with a proven record to work with different stakeholders in a collaborative environment.
Download the Position Description here (.pdf 423KB)
All applicants must visit the HDC website and complete an online HDC application form to be considered. The position description and online application form can be found at: https://www.hdc.org.nz/job-vacancies
E-mail enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this role will be assessed on an ongoing basis and the role will be closed when a suitable candidate is found.