Senior Investigator or Investigator - Auckland
The purpose of the Health and Disability Commissioner is to promote and protect health and disability services consumers’ rights and to facilitate the fair and efficient resolution of complaints relating to infringement of those rights.
We have an opportunity in our Auckland office for an Investigator or a Senior Investigator with strong analytical and communication skills to join our professional, friendly and supportive organisation. This is a full time position.
The Senior Investigators/Investigators gather evidence relating to complaints, and work collaboratively with the Legal team and (Deputy) Commissioners in drafting investigation reports.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Experience in and knowledge of investigations, preferably in the health and disability or complaints jurisdiction sectors would be an advantage
- Ability to think critically and analyse complex factual scenarios
- Ability to manage a number of investigations simultaneously and meet deadlines
- An understanding of the New Zealand health and disability sector, consumer rights issues and the needs of health and disability consumers is desirable
- Highly developed communication and writing skills
- A demonstrated focus on quality and attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills with a proven record to work with different stakeholders in a collaborative environment
- An appropriate tertiary qualification (health or law) and/or a clinical background.
Download the Senior Investigators position description here (PDF 128KB)
Download the Investigators position description here (PDF 128KB)
All applicants MUST complete an online HDC application form in order to be considered.
Applications can be submitted via the button below. Your CV or CV and Cover Letter can be attached within the application. Address your Cover Letter to the HR Coordinator, Office of the Health and Disability Commissioner, P O Box 1791, Auckland 1140. For enquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this role close at 4.30pm, Wednesday 5 August 2020