Senior Legal Advisor
The Health and Disability Commissioner promotes and protects the rights of health and disability services consumers and facilitates the fair and efficient resolution of complaints relating to infringements of those rights.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the HDC legal team as a Senior Legal Advisor in our Auckland office. The legal team is a collegial and high performing team, which undertakes a wide variety of legal and policy work, including in relation to the Health and Disability Commissioner’s complaints resolution jurisdiction.
You will need:
- At least five years post-admission experience as a barrister and solicitor
- An excellent academic record
- A sound knowledge of health care law, public law generally and administrative law in particular
- A well developed understanding of policy issues affecting the interests of health and disability services consumers
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including oral skills.
- A demonstrated ability to handle complex cases and meet deadlines
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Sound judgement and analytical ability
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision
- A high level of initiative and self confidence
Download the Position Description here (.pdf 160KB)
E-mail enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this role closes on 27 September at 9am.
Applications can be submitted via the button below.