This privacy statement applies to personal information collected on the hdc.org.nz website.
No need to disclose personal information
You may browse and access information contained within this website without providing personal information. Some information, however, is automatically retrieved about your visit, such as:
- The search terms you used;
- The pages you accessed on the website and the links you clicked on;
- The date and time you visited the website;
- The referring website (if any) through which you clicked through to this website;
- Your operating system (eg, Windows XP, Mac OSX);
- The type of web browser you use (eg, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox); and
- Other incidental matters such as screen resolution, the release of your installed Flash version, and the language setting of your browser.
As part of HDC’s commitment to consumers and to HDC staff, all telephone calls answered on its enquiry line are recorded. HDC may also record other outgoing or incoming calls.
HDC records calls:
- For quality assurance;
- To protect the health and safety of HDC staff and/or other persons.
Audio recordings of telephone calls are stored securely for seven days and are deleted after this period unless the recording is required for the purposes outlined above, or to meet other legislative or regulatory requirements.
Use of non-identifiable information
The statistical information referred to above will be viewable by website administrators and certain other HDC staff. It may also be shared with other government agencies.
Information provided when you contact us
Where you voluntarily provide personal information (for example, through filing a complaint, surveys, email feedback, or ordering material), we will use and/or disclose it only for the purposes you supplied it, for directly related purposes, or for other reasons permitted under the Privacy Act 1993.
We may provide information we receive from you, and from your healthcare or disability services provider, to a health and disability advocate.
To view any personal information held by us, or if you have any concerns about personal information that we hold and wish to request its correction, please write to:
The Privacy Officer
Office of the Health and Disability Commissioner
PO Box 11934